An unprecedented resource for Middle Eastern dancers of all styles – and anyone interested in percussion, dance or meditative sound – this innovative guide brings new energy to the subtle art of playing finger cymbals. Abundantly illustrated with photographs and charts, seasoned with stories, inspiration, and practical wisdom from dervishes, professional musicians, and professional Middle Eastern dancers, it offers dynamic in-depth instruction that takes full advantage of the rich variety available in finger cymbals now. Introducing the Nur Method, The Dancing Cymbalist streamlines coordinated practice of music while dancing, helping you master your goals more easily at every skill level, beginner to professional.
– finger cymbal styles & sources
– 23 techniques & 6 types of variations
– consistent sound quality; improving timesense; learning rhythms
– finding your Edge
– practice for coordination & speed
– cymbal meditations
– trance unison
– solo & interactive improvisation
and much more.