Roman Carbide Forstner Bits
Built to Last
Roman Carbide forstner bits have been specially designed to provide trouble-free service. Close attention to detail, solid construction and a rigid quality control program assure safe and reliable operation.
Roman Carbide Carbide Forstner Bit
3/8" Hex Shank
Each bit features two carbide cross-face cutters, two outer diameter edge cutting teeth and a center spur tip for smoother, faster and chatter free cutting. No-slip hex shanks fit 3/8 inch drill chucks.
- Woodworkers use these handy bits for European-style hinges, door lock installs, overlapped holes, 90-degree cuts, clock backs, candle holders, and more!
Many Sizes and Sets Available
Metric sizes range from 8mm to 100mm.
Standard (Imperial) sizes range from 1/4" to 4".
Save Money By Getting a Set
Various sets are available, including a 15-piece set with sizes ranging from 5/16" to 2-1/16" (DC1916).
Examples of Sizes Available
- Metric sold indvidiually from 8mm to 100mm
- Standard sold individually from 1/4" to 4"
- Sets range from 5 pieces up to 16 pieces
Dependable and Quality Tools
Stay Sharper Longer
Micro-grain carbide cross tips and center cutters stay sharper longer for years of dependable service when drilling hard and soft woods, face grain, end grain, and figured grain.
Hex Shanks For Slip-Free Drilling
Carbide cross tips and center cutters also provide smoother, chatter-free and faster cutting results. Hex shanks generate no slipping, unlike round shanks, which result in scarring and diminished accuracy. Hex shanks fit 3/8" drill chucks.
Roman Carbide Forstner Bits Have Many Advantages
- Use on both soft and hard woods
- Works great on face grain, end grain, and figured grain
- Create clean flat-bottomed holes
- Less tear out than other bits