MERCURY ELECTRA 6G SSD: THE GOLD STANDARD SSD FOR YOUR MAC
Give your Mac the true speed advantage of a Mercury Electra 6G. Whether adding a 2.5" SSD to your system, or replacing a factory SSD or hard drive, Mercury Electra 6G delivers superior speed and reliability.
Mercury Electra is the clear choice for a performance and capacity boost far beyond your Mac's factory limitations. Available up to 2TB and capable of sustained speeds over 550MB/s, Mercury Electra 6G delivers performance you can count on.
Replace your conventional hard drive with a reliable solid state drive. Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response.
Designed for Mac first, Mercury Electra drives work without complications right out of the box. No drivers, extra software or workarounds are required, it's as easy as plug and play.
OWC SSDs are proudly designed in Austin, TX, and undergo a rigorous 7-stage testing procedure including 100% burn-in resulting in unwavering dependability.
The Mercury SSD line features a suite of industry leading controller technologies for performance and reliability:
- Global wear leveling algorithms automatically distribute data evenly and manage program/erase count, maximizing SSD lifespan.
- StaticDataRefresh manages free space, gradually refreshing data across the SSD over time, preventing data corruption.
- Hardware BCH ECC corrects errors up to 66-bit/1KB for superior data retention and drive life.
- Advanced security protocols support 128/256-bit-AES disk encryption.
This internal 2.5" SATA SSD delivers outstanding transfer speeds, endurance, and reliability. With sustained reads up to 535MB/s and writes up to 443MB/s, the OWC 1.0TB Mercury Electra 6G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance. A 7% over provisioning set-aside further ensures exceptional long-term reliability, performance consistency, and durability with an amazing 960GB of visible storage capacity after over provision.
OWC Mercury Electra 6G SSD is compatible with nearly any Mac or PC model with a Serial ATA connection (SATA, SATA 2.0, or SATA 3.0) including:
- iMac14,3 iMac14,2 iMac14,1
- iMac13,3 iMac13,2 iMac13,1
- iMac12,2 iMac12,1
- iMac11,3 iMac11,2
MacBook Pro Models:
- MacBookPro9,2 MacBookPro9,1 MacBookPro8,3 MacBook Pro8,2
- MacBookPro8,1 MacBookPro7,1 MacBook Pro6,2 MacBook Pro6,1
- MacBookPro4,1 MacBookPro3,1 MacBook Pro2,2 MacBookPro2,1
- MacBookPro1,2 MacBookPro1,1
- MacBook4,1 MacBook3,1 MacBook2,1 MacBook1,1
Mac Pro Models:
- MacPro5,1 MacPro4,1 MacPro3,1 MacPro2,1
Mac mini Models:
- Macmini6,2 Macmini6,1
- Macmini5,3 Macmini5,2 Macmini5,1
Special note for specific 2009 iMacs, 2008-2010 MacBooks, 2008-2009 MacBook Pros & 2009 Mac mini
We highly recommend the use of a SATA 2.0 (3Gb/s) SSD such as the OWC Mercury Electra 3G for the following Macs:
- iMac11,1 iMac10,1 iMac9,1
- MacBook7,1 MacBook6,1 MacBook5,2 MacBook5,1
MacBook Pro Models:
- MacBookPro5,5 MacBookPro5,4 MacBookPro5,3 MacBookPro5,2 MacBookPro5,1
Mac minis Models:
- Macmini4,1 Macmini3,1
While a 6G SSD does function, it will only do so at SATA Revision 1.0 (1.5Gb/s, 150MB/s) speeds rather than the SATA Revision 2.0 (3.0Gb/s 300MB/s) speed the computer can deliver.
The Mercury Electra 3G SSD is the OWC recommended upgrade option for the Macs listed in the special note above.
OWC 1.0TB Mercury Electra 6G SSD 2.5" Serial-ATA 7mm Solid State Drive Technical Specifications :
Sequential Reads 6Gb/s (up to): 532MB/s
Sequential Writes 6Gb/s (up to): 467MB/s
Sequential Read Incompressible Data Rate (up to): 516MB/s
Sequential Write Incompressible Data Rate (up to): 408MB/s
SMART Attributes: Standard
Native Command Queuing: up to 32 commands
RoHS Compliant: Yes
NAND: 3D SLC NAND Flash, Cache: 3D SLC NAND, Storage: 3D TLC NAND
Form Factor: Standard 7mm 2.5"
Interface: SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s supported, SATA 3.0 Compliant
Capacity: 1000GB useable capacity
Manufacturer Model Number: OWCS3D7E6GT1.0
Height (max): 7mm (0.276″)
Width (max): 70.06mm (2.758″)
Length (max): 100.12mm (3.941″)
Weight: 77 grams +/- 2 grams, 0.170 lbs +/- 2.71 oz
Temperature (°F): 32°F to 158°F
Temperature (°C): 0°C to 70°C
Temperature (°F): -40°F to 185°F
Temperature (°C): -40°C to 85°C
There are no reviews yet.