Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Athens is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the Acropolis raised spectacularly over Athens, follow in the footsteps of Socrates at the Agora, or step into the Temple of Olympian Zeus; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Athens and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Athens:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips – including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviewsfor all budgets – including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Athens map (included in print version), plus over 17 colour local maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features – including With Kids, For Free, and Worth a Trip
- Coverage of Acropolis, Ancient Agora, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Greek Parliament, Syntagma, Plaka, Keramikos, Gazi, Filopappou Hill, Thisio, Monastiraki, Psyrri, Exarhia, Kolonaki, Benaki Museum, and more
The Perfect Choice:Lonely Planet Pocket Athens is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can’t-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick trip experience.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Greece guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet’s Discover Greece, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Alexis Averbuck.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet’s mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
There are no reviews yet.