Now in its 24th edition, Baillliere’s Nurses’ Dictionary is fully updated and revised to address the changing world of nursing and health services. This edition moves beyond the narrow medical focus of other pocket dictionaries and is firmly focused on the needs of today’s nurses. Packed with useful information, it provides the essential pocket reference resource for everyone involved in nursing and healthcare. In addition to its comprehensive range of terms and definitions, this dictionary also includes a vast range of useful information within its APPENDICES.
- Fully revised and updated to reflect the needs of today’s nurses in the range of health services
- PVC cover and pocket size make it practical and accessible in the ward setting
- Introduces social, psychosocial, management, research areas, as well as current NHS speak.
- Adds information on supplements.
- Entries expanded without increasing the extent.
- Appendices updated, especially in the areas of technology; prescribing by nurses; and UKCC change to NMC.
- Occupational health expanded to cover prevention of accidents, responsibility, health and safety, etc., in response to increase in litigation.
- Clinical governance largely expanded.
- Includes a new Appendix on Practice Development.
About the Author
There are no reviews yet.